Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Olmert's questionable tactics for staying in power

I love Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert just as much as the next guy. I mean he's 7,000 times better than that sell out schlub who gave back land to the Palestinians. But, as my dear friend Pat Roberts pointed out, God had the last laugh and smote, or stroked, Sharon.

So I was so happy to hear that Olmert survived three parliamentary no confidence votes over his leadership during the war in Lebanon.

But even I feel a little uncomfortable with the mafia-like threats Olmert used to persuade the Israeli Parliament to keep him in power. Just take a look at the AP photo



I mean, I really think the Parliament would have voted against the no confidence vote without Olmert threatening to slit their throats.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! Mafioso! They look like they'd cut yer throat for your matsa balls soup let alone control of the government. I just hope he'll keep working to get us to the End Times!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home