Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Larry Summers was Right



My readers have expressed shock that I, a long time colleague, admirer, and friend of Larry Summers, am fine with Harvard's possible naming of a female president. Many liberals spilled their fair trade organic chai skim soy lattes all over themselves in disbelief when Summers explained that women are innately weaker at math and science. I think I speak for Larry and myself when I say that women are fully qualified to fill administrative positions. Some of the best secretaries who have ever made me coffee are female. Since college presidents neither add nor subtract, conduct experiments nor write lab reports, I am confident a female could be president. What Larry and I cannot and will not stand, is the naming of a female head of a math or science department.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home