Sunday, February 26, 2006

Hey Bette, It's Katie (again)



Bette,
Sorry I'm just writing you now. I've been really busy. We have a lot of catching up to do.

First of all, you are such naughty girl. I can't believe you did that to Alice in the opera. You never told me. It must have been before we were friends.

It's so nice when a friend listens to one's advice. So thank you for letting me help you. I now how pig-headed you can be (that's why I love you) so it means even more to me that you're taking my advice. I've outlined the 3 most important Katie-induced changes below

A) keeping that gorgeouse mint green shirt you bought for yoga. You looked great in it when you wore it to the planet last weekend. I tend to not mix my yoga and non yoga clothes, but you can get away with it. You can get away with anything as far as I'm concerned. And if you want me to tell that to tina, I will. Now just to clarify, you CAN wear the strapless green satin bra under your shirt when you are NOT doing yoga. When you wear the shirt out, we'll call it "planet mode" then the strapless is fine. But don't let me catch you doing any exercise in a strapless.

B) I'm not positive, but it looks like you followed my other yoga related advice, and went out and bought yourself a decent sports bra. When I saw you today with those new age-y and Asian people at the Yoga retreat in Washington you looked supported. But you were just walking around in circles so I can't be sure. When I see you do a downward facing dog or a warrior pose I'll be able to make a better judgement.


C) You're not taking crap for Tina. Today you really put your foot down. How dare she visit your sister without your permission. It was so nice of you to give her Kit-visitation rights.


Speaking of Kit, I don't have her info but could you tell her your friend Katie thinks she should stop straightening her hair. I know she's going through a hard time with menopause on the one hand and a young white man on the other, but the irony is that she looks older with her hair straightened. She needs to re-embrace the curl (beleive me, I myself have been there.) Tell her how great my advice to you was, and she'll probably be really receptive.


Speak soon,
Katie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home