Friday, October 07, 2005

Capote is soooo gay

Capote is a great film. And Philip Seymour Hoffman is amazing as Truman Capote. I think it's uncanny, but I'm not sure, because I never met Truman. But I'm still pretty sure it's uncanny.

Capote seems like he was a real schmuck, but an amusing schmuck. And this helps lighten up this quadruple murder/ death penalty bio-pic.

Chris Cooper, as Alvin Dewey, a detective or sheriff or something, is, as per usual, DA BOMB. I'd marry him (he looks pervy in his IMDB picture, but he's really not. He should put a different pic up there. I think I'll write him a letter suggesting that.)

Catherine Keener, as To Kill a Mockingbird author Nelle Harper Lee is good though much less sexy than she is in The 40 Year Old virgin. Which is why we love her.

Hoffman should mos def get an Oscar.

And props to the director Bennett Miller, whose only other film is a documentary called The Cruise. That is something Bennett and I have in common. My only other film is a documentary, so as a fellow documentary auteur, I really understood where he was coming from.


And double props to the writer Dan Futterman, who, hysterically enough,played Nathan Lane and Robin Williams' love child in The Birdcage. I think being raised by two men helped Futterman understand The Gays. That's why he was able to play one on Will and Grace (the dorky-come-cool gay spring chick recurring Barry character)and write the screenplay about the great gay Truman Capote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home