Sunday, March 20, 2005

Al Kar-En Hue-Ez


I am happy to say, I am no longer worried about terrorism or national security. The Bush administration's nomination of an experienced Islamist to an important diplomatic post, made me realize that we are so going to win this war on terror. Acknowledging that "The U.S. must do a better job of engaging the Muslim world," Condoleeza Rice announced the nomination of Al Kar-En Hue-Ez as Under Secretary of State for public Diplomacy. Thank Allah, the administration has nominated Hue-Ez to "Change Islamic perceptions about America." Hue-Ez agrees with Rice on the importance of engaging the Muslim World: "Clearly, in the world after September 11th, we must do a better job of engaging with the Muslim world." I can think of nobody more qualified that Hue-Ez, nee Karen Hughes, for this post. This former Bush aid, raised in Texas, has her finger on the “Muslim's World's" pulse, more than any real Muslim I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home